The Challenger 650 is the fifth iteration of the 600 series which was introduced in the late 1970s. Replacing the Challenger 605 in service, this latest version features GE Aviation CF34-3B engines, synthetic vision system and MultiScan weather radar in the cockpit, as well as a galley pocket sliding door and a bulkhead monitor with a baseline audio/video-on-demand (AVOD) system.
The Bombardier Vision flight deck is based on the Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion avionics system, originally designed for the Bombardier Global 6000. Vision features large 15-inch displays and includes head-up guidance, synthetic vision, enhanced vision, MultiScan weather radar and the Integrated Flight Information System.
• Widest-in-class and completely redesigned cabin with leading technology, setting new standards of comfort and connectivity
• Fully equipped performance, featuring Bombardier Vision flight deck and optimized engines with higher thrust delivering shorter take-off field length and extra payload
• Lowest-in-class direct operating costs and industry benchmarked reliability provide total peace of mind
• The Bombardier Vision flight deck provides pilots with a new cockpit experience and unprecedented levels of both comfort and control. Enhanced higher-thrust engines offer increased payload and runway capabilities, allowing more passengers even easier access to more business destinations.
• Built on the industry’s best selling large platform, with an accumulation of over 5 million flight hours and airliner-level system redundancy, this Challenger series of aircraft sets the benchmark for dispatch reliability with numbers averaging above 99.9% Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your aircraft is ready for business whenever you are.
• TRUE 4,000 NAUTICAL MILE RANGE. MORE BUSINESS CENTER CONNECTIONS
With its 4,000 nm (7,408 km) range capability, the new Challenger 650 aircraft connects more key business cities non-stop, consistently flying fully-equipped with 6 passengers between London and New York, Dubai and London, and Sao Paulo to Miami.
Map range image of Challenger 605 which has the same range as the 650 -Image courtesy of Vista Jets.
• GE CF34-3B MTO
• Thrust: 9,220 lbf (41kN)
• Flat rating: ISA + 15°C (86°F)
The newly-evolved GE engines with higher thrust deliver improved take-off field length, extra payload and better range capabilities out of challenging airports. The result: more operational flexibility and access to more of your business world with more passengers.
Price: $33.35 Million
More info: Bombardier